For a grilling enthusiast, you have likely heard about the Weber brand. Though Weber is a household name recognized globally when it comes to grilling, there is an ongoing discussion regarding Weber Spirit vs. Genesis.
It is a debate that has been ongoing for a long time, especially when people are trying to figure out the right model for them.
This discussion will analyze the weber genesis and spirit lines of gas grills and help you make an informed decision.
Weber Brand History
The Weber company has been around since 1952, when George Stephen invented the kettle grill. At first, it was just an idea to create a simpler version of a charcoal grill.
This cooker has revolutionized the industry and has also made George Stephen become one of the household names in grilling equipment, such as BBQ grills, smoker grills, gas grills, and kettle BBQ grills.
He got inspiration from buoys, and because of his passion for grilling, he was able to put his company (Weber) on the map. Genesis and Spirit are two of the company’s most profound grill lines.
Key Differences Between Weber Spirit and Genesis
The key differences in the Spirit and Genesis grills are the additional features and heat output capabilities.
These differences include the following:
- Overall, Spirit grills are cheaper as compared to Genesis grills. This comes in when you compare the grills on similar cooking areas. Genesis is more expensive due to the extra fancy features it comes with.
- Genesis has a higher BTU capacity and also comes with more burners. The Spirit burners feature two burners. The Genesis models all have three or more burners.
- Genesis II models come with some extra features such as an extra burner, sear stations, an enclosed cart, and many other attachments.
Similarities Between Weber Spirit and Genesis
- Both types of grills come with Weber’s industry-leading ten-year warranty. The lengthy warranty is a strong indicator that the product is of high quality. Bearing in mind that Weber has covered their products for a decade gives the customers a lot of confidence.
- Each grill line for both of these products comes kitted with Weber’s G4S Grilling system. This grilling system is quite advanced as a result of years of accumulated knowledge. It includes:
- Upgraded Burners. These burners allow for even and consistent temperatures across the entire cooking area and, this is massive especially when it comes to grilling spicy, delicious foods.
- Advanced Grease Management. Any drippings that are not vaporized or caught by the flavorizer bars do make their way down to the grease collection pan. Cleaning this pan is easy and eliminates the headaches associated with clean-up.
- Flavorizer Bars. These are triangular-shaped bars that lay under and over the cooking surface. These bars fulfill a variety of roles. To begin with, they prevent flare-ups by deflecting and catching grease drippings. In addition to that, they add flavor to your food. These bars also catch drippings that rise back into the food.
- Infinity Ignition. They feature a quick ignite system that virtually never fails and will work in any weather.
- All Weber grills can utilize the iGrill 3 technology. This technology embeds in the side of your grill and allows you to monitor several aspects of your grill on your mobile phone. You can regulate everything from internal food temperatures, temperature management, and timers. All you need is Weber’s phone application.
- Every type of grill comes with the same color options. Stainless steel and black colors are offered on all types of models. Copper, smoke, red, and sapphire colors are offered on smaller grills. An option for propane or natural gas connection is also included.
Top 4 Best Weber Spirit Reviews
- Dimensions: 52 x 27 x 44.5 inches
- Weight: 114 pounds
- Material: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates
To use the Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill, you need natural gas plumbed out to your deck or patio. It is made with durable porcelain-enameled, cast-iron grates with large cooking space.
The grill has three burners ensuring your cooking is easy and fast. It supports a Gs4 grilling system with great infinity ignition, flavoring bars, and a grease management system.
All the needed items are kept at an arm’s reach distance by the side hooks on the grill. This ensures the accessibility and organization of grilling tools are easy.
Side tables offer extra space and are foldable if you want to save space. It features an open cart design to increase room and access to your tools. You will always have food at the right temperatures as the grill has a lid, inbuilt thermometer.
Feel free to move from one point to another as the grill has two large wheels for easy mobility. You will cast-iron improve and enjoy your grilling experience with this Weber Spirit grill.
- Dimensions: 32.28 x 25. 59 x 24 .17 inches
- Weight: 116 pounds
- Material: Porcelain, cast-iron
One of the major features of the Weber Spirit E330 Lp Black Grill is the three-burner system. It has an output of 32000 BTU with a large cooking area of 529 square inches.
An internal sear burner is available for intense heat focus with an output of 7500 BTU. Another burner on the side unit can be used separately as a warming rack or cooking space.
The grates are made of porcelain-enameled cast iron plus flavoring bars. These grates retain heat for fast cooking and delicious food. Its designs have a grease management system making it easy to clean.
An inbuilt thermometer in the lid to enable easy temperature monitoring. Side hooks help you to organize your tools and access them when needed.
Two side tables offer more room, while the wheels allow you to easily move your grill at any place. A standard fuel gauge is used to mount the fuel tank outside.
- Dimensions: 48 x 26 x 57 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Material: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron
The Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is a propane gas grill that works with a standard 20 pound LP tank. Made with durable porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and a lid.
It has a built-in thermometer to monitor and control the temperature while cooking. A foldable side table offers extra space. The design features an open cart design, a panel frame, stainless steel deflectors, and a fuel gauge.
It has two burners, a primary cooking area of 360 square inches, and a 90 square inches warming rack. Such a space is enough to make food for a family or friends.
You can also sear steaks or other grilling needs as the burner has an output of 26500 BTUs. Spirit II E-210 is a GS4 grilling system.
- Dimensions: 52 x 24 x 45.5 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Material: Porcelain, Stainless steel
The Weber 46502001 Spirit S-315 LP Gas Grill is a compact grill that makes outdoor food preparation easy. The cast iron grates distribute heat evenly throughout the grill, meaning that hot and cold spots can be avoided.
Porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates are durable and easy to clean while helping to prevent rust and cracking. This Weber grill features a warming rack for keeping food warm while you cook additional items on the main grate.
The porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars provide direct heat for better searing of meat and cause drippings to caramelize, resulting in a delicious charred taste.
Two tool hooks mount easily to the side of the grill and keep your tongs, spatula and other grilling tools nearby.
Top 4 Best Weber Genesis Reviews
- Dimensions: 65 x 29 x 47 inches
- Weight: 176 pounds
- Material: Stainless Steel
The Weber 62006001 Genesis II S-435 4-Burner Liquid Propane Grill features a GS4 high grilling system with a grease management system, stainless steel flavourizer bars, high-performance burners, and an infinity ignition system.
It has a larger grill that comes with four stainless steel burners capable of delivering a total of 69,000 BTU. It has a cooking area measuring 844 square inches. The cooking area is divided into several segments and also includes a tuck-away warming rack.
It comes with seven-millimeter diameter solid stainless steel rod cooking grates that offer superior heat retention. The Weber Genesis 435 is compatible with the iGrill 3.
It can effectively monitor food right from the beginning to the end. It will notify you when it has heated to the perfect temperatures. It comes with 3D interactive assembly instructions.
You can get them through the free BILT application. Something worth noting is that this grill comes with a decade worth of warranty.
- Dimensions: 31 x 59 x 62 inches
- Weight: 152 pounds
- Material: Porcelain, cast aluminum
The Weber 61015001 Genesis II E-315 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill has an output of 39,000 BTU. It features six hooks and three stainless steel burners.
It comes with one gas supply hose. It is compatible with iGrill 3 Smart technology enhancing its perfection in grilling food. It features a fuel gauge that allows you to see how much fuel is left in the tank.
It also comes with a free BILT application that has 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product. It is strongly built and is a high-quality grill.
- Dimensions: 59 x 29 x 47 inches
- Weight: 133 pounds
- Material: Porcelain, cast aluminum
The Weber 61011001 Genesis II E-310 Liquid Propane 3-Burner Grill is liquid propane, and you must have a propane tank for you to enjoy grilled from it. It features high power GS4 grilling system, three high-performing burners that offer a large cooking area for your food.
Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grate enables even heat distribution across the grilling surface. The material is also heat-retaining for fast cooking for less fuel.
Meal preparation is made easy by the built-in thermometer as you can monitor the temperatures from start to finish.
Your cleaning cannot be easier than having a Genesis II E-310 Grill as it has a grease management system. Under the cook box, there is a drip tray where non-vaporized dripping collects.
Side tables provide extra storage space for tools, platters, and seasonings. The hooks keep your tools at arm’s reach and organized.
- Dimensions: 59 x 29 x 47 inches
- Weight: 153 pounds
- Material: Porcelain, cast-iron
The Weber 61016001 Genesis II E-335 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is a liquid propane unit. It consists of three burners to offer a large cooking area. Solid stainless steel cooking grates allow for even grilling and are not affected by high heat.
A large porcelain-enameled lid is high heat retention and protects your grill from other elements. Simmer BBQ source or veggies using the side burner while the main meal grills under the lid.
The sear station offers a high heat zone to add sear marks on the meat on the meat.
iGrill 3 app-connected thermometer helps you control and monitor temperature throughout your grilling. Toast buns or warm the food after finishing grilling on the grate.
The heat insides are strong enough to keep the food warm. After grilling, fold it down. The cabinet offers additional storage space for tools hooks are available to hang your essential grilling tools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Break in a New Weber Gas Grill?
It is best to preheat the grill for about 20 minutes before grilling anything for the first time. This will burn off any packing leftovers from the manufacturing process and the oils so that the food does not pick them up during grilling.
How Long Should You Let a Grill Burn Off?
Food drips such as fat and protein are left behind on the surface when you cook on your grill. This residue can turn rancid as time progresses, giving your food a foul taste.
Burning off the residue left on your grill is always a good practice. Just turn on all your burners for 15 minutes before grilling.
When your grill reaches these high temperatures, protein and fat will turn to ash which means it will be easy to brush off using a stainless steel cleaner like our new grill brush.
Clearing out the food debris will let you season your entire cooking surface again if needed.
The main difference between the Weber Genesis vs. Spirit comes from the grills’ sophistication. The Weber Spirit grills have everything you need to cook your food without any problem.
However, if you are looking for some extra features to upgrade your grilling game, the Weber Genesis line is what you need. The sturdy construction and a decade’s warranty will mean that you will enjoy grilling in your backyard for an extended period.
The storage space and external fuel tank in the Weber Genesis grills make it an ideal choice for BBQ veterans and beginners.